Genuine 1950’s vintage wedding dress for sale in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
I had an OMG moment earlier when I realised that the countdown has well and truly begun…. It’s only 15 weeks until the London Marathon! One big eeek.
This set my pulse racing. I have got my work cut out at the moment. Not only am I squeezing in the necessary training but I am working hard to raise £2,012 as part of my committment to Macmillan Cancer Support. This has involved planning menus for the Private Kitchen we are running, sourcing items to sell on my stall AND holding down a busy day job. Life is certainly manic. (I won’t bore you with the rest…wedding planning for our big day in June, organising an extension on our house and trying to control a frenzied Coca Spaniel puppy to name but a few.)
What’s new then?
I mentioned our wedding. Being a bit of a vintage thrift second-hand chick, I know that the vintage wedding theme is (in the words of my Mum) “all the rage” at the moment. The idea of a vintage chic gown is irresistible if like me you hanker after a classic glamorous and individual look.
Finding the right dress isn’t easy but if you’re looking for a vintage bridal gown I may have just what you are after. The dress below was very kindly donated to me to sell to raise money for my London Marathon fund in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Beautiful isn’t it.
Let me describe…
The essentials first. This lace bridal gown is white and is a snug UK size 10.
Hopefully you can see the intricate lace detail which covers the entire gown. The long sleeves which on me went to my wrists are graceful, elegant and simple.
The pic below illustrates the pretty daisy pattern belt with a ribbon inter-woven undoubtedly drawing your new husbands eye to the waist. (C’mon.. I had to add some element of cheese to the description!)
The pic below shows the bottom half of the dress which flows and swishes as it falls from the waist down to the ankles. The dress is lined with white satin while the bottom half is netted to add body and volume to the shape. At the back there is a discrete zip.
If you need more details such as precise measurements, more pics etc. please get in touch with me by leaving a comment or dropping me an email.
How can it be yours? The nitty gritty….
- I figured the best way to handle this sale was to invite you guys to bid via the comments box.
- Bidding starts at £100. (GBP)
- If you think this gorgeous dress is for you, please write in the comment box how much you’d be prepared to donate to my London Marathon fund. Please be honest and do not bid if you don’t intend to buy.
- At the end of March 2012, the highest bidder will “win” the dress!
- I will send it to you via Special Delivery free of charge if you live in the U.K Sorry but if you live outside of the U.K I will ask you to pay for postage.
- Anyone from any country can bid but you need to be confident you can transfer the funds to my U.K bank account before I send the dress to you.
- The dress has not been cleaned. I think it could do with a clean before it’s worn. It’s in good condition but it’s vintage so there are some signs of wear. These are not obvious though.
On your marks…… Ding dong!